It’s finally here!!! My book, Identity, has been published!
I have dreamed of writing this post for almost three years now, and I’m actually able to write it–and publish it–now!
Let’s take a look at the final cover and blurb of my book:
Maria Brooks is just a plain orphan girl with a mysterious past. On the day of Maria’s sixteenth birthday, everything seems normal. From being required to do chores all day to being bullied by her own friends, nothing seems to be amiss. But when Maria goes swimming at the beach the next day, she discovers a secret about herself she didn’t even know: she’s a mermaid.
As Maria explores her newfound ability to change from mermaid to human, she finds herself in the midst of an underwater war that contains the secret to her past. Meanwhile, she finds new friendship, but with friendship comes trust, and with trust comes risk. Will she be able to stand strong as the tidal waves of doubt crash against her?
Not only is Identity published; the blog tour is also starting today! We have a wonderful collection of bloggers who will be posting through the next ten days, spreading the word about Identity. You can view the schedule for the blog tour below:
Wednesday, March 1
Annabelle Batie – Tour Kickoff
Thursday, March 2
Rhys-Marie Whitnell – Spotlight
Kaytlin Phillips – Review
Friday, March 3
Vanessa Hall – Spotlight
Ava Coulter – Interview
Break for the weekend…
Monday, March 6
Joy Calle Martinez – Spotlight
Lorelei Angelino (Pinterest) – Spotlight
Aletheianna Mercy – Spotlight
Tuesday, March 7
Mayim – Interview
Kylie Beevers – Interview
Wednesday, March 8
Grace A. Johnson – Spotlight
Micah Collier – Interview
Thursday, March 9
Adele H. (Newsletter) – Review
Rosie Rydell – Interview
Friday, March 10
Annabelle Batie – Tour Wrap-Up
Now, spreading the word about Identity isn’t only limited to the bloggers in this tour. You can spread the word too! Here are some ways you can help let people know about my book:
- Tell all your friends about it. This may seem obvious, but it’s really helpful when you recommend this book to other people. Share this post with them, and tell them about the book!
- Post on social media. Whether you have a huge following or not, posting on social media is a great way for you to spread the word. You can share a post featuring Identity’s book cover and blurb, and then tag some people! Tell the people you tagged to tag their friends, and that gets the word out really fast.
- Request Identity at your local library or bookstore. You can do both of these options, or just pick one. This will allow people to find my book not just on the internet, but also in physical locations!
- Leave a review. If you’ve read Identity already, then it would be amazing if you would be willing to take a few minutes out of your day and leave an honest review. You can do so on whichever platform you like (Goodreads, Amazon, blog, social media, etc.)
- Buy the book! Yes, even just simply ordering a copy of Identity helps people find out about it. Maybe people will ask about it when they come to your house and see the book on the bookshelf. Maybe people will look at what book you’re reading on Goodreads and become curious about it. But either way, this is something simple and easy that you can do to help.
For now, it’s time for me to wrap up this post. Thank you so much for reading!
Are you excited to order Identity? Are you going to follow along with the blog tour? What book(s) are you reading right now? Let me know in the comments!